Sunday, June 15, 2008

Wanted! Tomato Thief!

WANTED! TOMATO THIEF!


I have been watching my tomatoes for days now, waiting to pick at the most optimal moment. Watching as the beautiful round globes turned from green, to palest pink, and then rosier and rosier by each passing day. But someone else was watching in the garden. Watching me daily inspect all the plants, Biding his time. Waiting until he could stand it no more, reaching in, pulling out the reddest ripest tomato he could find. Thinking, I'm sure, she won't miss it, there are so many, she'll never notice it's gone. And at first, I don't. I am busy watering and pulling any weed that dare show it's head in my veg patch. But then, I notice, something is just not right--the tomato plant looks lopsided--almost like something is missing. It is! And that something is MY tomato! NOooooooooooooooooo! Not again! I'll get that thief if it's the last thing I do!

No comments: